Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada and we had some friends over for a big turkey dinner. I am happy to report that after 3 phone calls to my mom and one video skype, the turkey turned out perfectly!  :)  It was a great day and I am reminded, yet again, that God has bestowed so many blessings upon my family. I truly have so much to be thankful for in my life.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father..."
                                                                                                                                   James 1:17a

Here are a few photos from Thanksgiving. I was too busy cooking and having fun to take many pictures, but here you go.

Thanks for all the help mom. The turkey was perfect!


Just like last year, Allie loved to play with the centerpiece.



We had another American (and Cargill!) family over for dinner as well as our friend Philippa and her son since her husband is a doctor and had to work that night.


It was a great night and I am so thankful that we have good friends that we could celebrate with.

In other news we've been working on potty training Allie.  Let's just say a good chunk of this week has been spent chasing a naked toddler around the house. Allie has also spent a good chunk of time, pantless, watchingThomas the Train or Cat in the Hat while eating her favorite Dora fruit snacks.  



 We are starting to make some progress, but it isn't a lot of fun.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment