Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lunch Date

I get to have a lunch date every day with this cutie!


Today as we were eating I was reminded, again, of how blessed I am to have such a happy, spunky, smart, and delightful little girl.  I just have so much fun with her every day.  

She doesn't wear this bib very much anymore, but asked for it today.  She dropped a piece of food in the bib. Love this facial expression as she's trying to find it!


She had to get a better look.


Now that Allie will be two in about 2.5 months, I'm really starting to notice some of what we are teaching her pay off.  For example, if Bella is in her way, she will say "excuse me Bella". Or, when we cross the street, she will automatically grab my hand.  Her please and thank you's are the best they've ever been and she loves to clean up her toys.  Today we were listening to a Christian song on the radio and she heard the word God a few times.  She said, "mommy, God make puppies" because we have a book called God Made Puppies.  It melted my heart!  She is definitely absorbing what we're teaching her.  

Don't get me wrong, she's not perfect.  We still get plenty of this:


And lots of this:


But, she's growing up and it's a lot of fun to watch. In fact, I don't think I've ever had so much fun! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment