
I've decided to jump on the bandwagon, all be it a little late, and start a blog. I figure this will help us keep in touch with family and friends as we move to Canada and officially become Canucks!
Life in the Mauer household has been a bit chaotic recently. Not only are we adjusting to our lives being ruled by a 10 lb. six week old baby, we have listed our house and have had countless showings, inspections, and appraisals. Poor Allie had no idea what she was in store for when she made her appearance at the end of January! It will all be over soon, so I've decided to try to enjoy our last weeks in MN and see as many family and friends as possible.
Although life has been busy, these last six weeks have been the happiest of my life so far. Here are 10 things I've learned since Allie arrived on January 22nd.
1. You can NEVER be fully prepared for labor. To all my pregnant friends, just hang in there and know that once you meet your baby, it will all be worth it.
2. I can actually function, fairly well most days, on little to no sleep.
3. Your dog isn't completely ignored upon the arrival of a baby. Although things have changed a bit, we still love Bella just as much as before and she even gets about the same amount of attention from us. (For those of you that know her, know that she wouldn't let us ignore her for too long without forcing herself on our laps, licking our faces, or making her presence known somehow!)
4. You really do need help from family and friends after the arrival of a baby. So thanks family and friends, in particular my mom who did all of our grocery shopping and most of our cooking for the first few weeks.
5. Baby items seem so small at the time of purchase, but somehow infiltrate your house so they appear in every closet, on every surface, and in every room of the house.
6. Babies can burp and fart like sailors....and don't even get me started on the poop. Who knew such a small, cute body could produce so many dirty diapers a day!
7. Watching your husband take care of your baby will melt your heart every time you watch!
8. Getting ready to leave the house takes at least 20 minutes. My patience has been tested and tested again. I'm happy to report that most days I seem to handle the lack of efficiency quite well.
9. I do more laundry in one day than I used to do in a week. Allie has so many clothes and I never thought she would wear them all. She does, multiple times a week. See #6. All those poopy diapers have a tendency to leak!
10. I never knew love like this existed. Watching Allie change and grow in the last six weeks has been the most amazing experience.
Hooray for another mommy blogger! I'm going to add you to my list of blogs I follow!!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog Lisa! Can't wait to hear updates on Allie, Canada, life as parents, and the many other excited things going on in the Mauer family! :)
ReplyDelete