Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh Canada!




Dan, Allie, and I are in Canada this week looking for a house. We're moving to a city called Saskatoon, the biggest city in the province of Saskatchewan (about 250,000 people). Everything I've learned about the city seems to be great; it's one of the sunniest places in all of Canada, the economy is thriving and, according to our guide, it is the fastest growing city in Canada. It is very beautiful because it is on the South Saskatchewan river and the weather is not nearly as bad as I had prepared myself for. Overall, we are very excited for this new adventure.

As I've been out and about exploring this city I am very impressed with the Canadian people I've met. They are extremely friendly and very nice. They let you in when you are driving and they don't even honk their horns or make inappropriate hand gestures at you. They are very proud of their country and their city...just like us Minnesotans! They don't hate Americans like many other foreign countries. In fact, everyone I've met that I've told I'm moving from Minnesota tells me that Saskatoon won't be much different from home. We'll see if that's true. I've already tried to order a 1/2 pound of deli meat at the grocery store, only to realize that I'm going to need to learn the correct conversions in the metric system. Being slightly challenged in the numbers department, I think I'll need to carry a "cheat sheet" for awhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment