We just got back from a long trip home to Minnesota. It was a wonderful, and busy, trip and we had a blast. Here are some photos from the first part of our trip.
I spent four days up at Love Lake with most of my very best college friends (we missed you Katie!). They arrived from Minneapolis, Chicago, Tulsa, Columbus, and Dallas. We spent the long weekend relaxing, eating too much, drinking too much, and laughing constantly. I'm so thankful for these wonderful friendships!
We were hit with a snow storm on Saturday which was beautiful, but we had some trouble getting the rental car out of the driveway. It is nice to know that my friends are not only smart, beautiful, and funny, but they can also brave the great outdoors!
I got back to my parents house on Sunday afternoon and was reunited with Allie. I had never been away from Allie for more than a few hours, so I was pretty nervous to leave her. Luckily Dan was able to take some vacation time, so he came back to Minnesota with us and he took Allie over to Deanna's where she got to spend all weekend with her cousins and Dan's family. I'm happy to report that both Allie and I had a great time apart, but I was SO happy to see her on Sunday and am happy I don't have to leave her for a long time!
We celebrated the future arrival of my newest nephew (due to arrive December 9) at a baby shower given to Mary by women of John and Mary's church and Mary's mom's group. It was wonderful to shower this new baby with love. I cannot wait to meet him when I come home for Christmas.
Even though Minnesota will ALWAYS be home to us, our trip showed me how much I truly love living in Saskatoon and that this is our home, for now anyway!
I'll update more about our trip later this week!






No comments:
Post a Comment