Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Random, Catch Up Post

It has been awhile since I've posted and I really hope to be better about it in the future.  The baby is coming in less than 3 weeks (hopefully!), so I may fall behind again.

 One really nice thing about living in MN is that we get to spend holidays with family.  My parents came over with gifts and cards for us on Valentine's Day.  I love both Allie's and my dad's facial expressions in this photo.  


My adorable girl in pink, her favorite color!


A couple weeks ago we went out to dinner. I tried to capture the amount of butter on Allie's mouth, but it didn't work so well.  She basically had a little bread with her butter!


Craig is very good at decorating birthday cakes, so that is his job for all his grandchildren's birthdays.  Allie loves all things princess, so Craig decorated this Ariel cake for Allie.  Allie LOVED it! The boys (Brennan and Gavin) weren't sure that they wanted to eat a princess cake, but in the end they discovered all cake tastes the same, even princess cake! :)


Dan traveled A LOT from the end of December through mid-March. It was exhausting for all of us. Allie never naps, but on this particular day she put herself to bed in the baby's room, on the baby's changing pad.  I love that Bella went in to sleep with her. She is such a sweet dog!


Disney on Ice with cousin Mercy! They both had a blast.  The only complaint was that there were not enough princesses...go figure. 


My beautiful puppy!  She has no idea what is coming with another baby, but we'll be sure to still spoil her too. 


The last week Dan was gone we had a major snow storm.  I was not thrilled, but my girls sure loved the snow.



Allie's first trip to the dentist. No cavities! 



We had a bit of a rough time while Dan was gone so much. I think because Allie survived so many transitions; saying goodbye to all her friends, moving from Canada to my parents' house for 2 months, moving into the town home, moving out of her crib to a big girl bed, starting school, having a mommy who is slow and tired, and a dad who was all of a sudden gone 50% of each month. It was too much and at the end of February/beginning of March she started to have some behavioral issues like hitting and biting (she was also no longer potty trained, but thankfully this only lasted a week). I'm happy to report that Dan is no longer going to be traveling very much and, now that he is around, Allie's behavior is perfect normal for a 3 year old. 

Anyway, this photo was taken while Dan was on one of his trips. When I asked her to put her boots on so that we could go home she refused and, in one of my best parenting moments, I yelled at her, and gave myself a time out so that I could cool off. I came back probably 3 minutes later and rather than putting her boots on, she fell asleep by the back door. She slept there for 1.5 hours!  I took this photo because it reminds me of a story my mom tells about me being so stubborn, and refusing to eat my soup at dinner. Instead of eating my soup, I ended up falling asleep in my bowl after who knows how long of sitting there.  Allie is strong willed just like her mommy! :)


When I was 35 weeks pregnant I had a week of lots of cramping and contractions and was forced to take it easy.  Here is my sweet girl resting with me, watching the iPad.  I love this photo because she still looks like my baby and not like the big girl she looks like most of the time these days.  The nuk helps her to look more baby too. We just don't have the heart to take it away from her with all the transitions she has dealt with and the biggest one (arrival of baby) still to come!


I took this photo yesterday at 37 weeks pregnant. Almost done! I would love to say that I'm cherishing the last little bit of pregnancy because it will be my last time pregnant. But, let's be honest, I don't love being pregnant and I'm so excited to meet baby girl and be able to keep up with Allie again. So, I'm not really cherishing these last couple weeks. I am ready to be done! But, it has been a good pregnancy and I'm very thankful for that!


And finally, here are some updated photos of our house.  The siding is going up.  It looks light tan in these photos, but will be painted a kind of blue/grey.  We have an online project management tool that says we are about 55% done with the project.  Can't wait until move in day!!!

From the front.


From the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment