Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Camilla Grace

Camilla (Cammie) Grace Mauer was born at 12:16 PM on Friday, April 12 at 39 weeks 3 days.  She was my tiny peanut (in comparison to Allie) weighing 6 lbs 6 oz and 19 3/4 inches long.  



I have lots of photos on my camera, but for now, these are all just photos from my iPhone.  I'll update with better photos soon. 

I ended up having an emergency induction following a doctor appointment on Thursday due to low fluid levels and decreased fetal movement.  Basically, she kept failing her biophysical profiles.  We had been sent down to the hospital for a possible induction on Tuesday after a poor performance on a biophysical at the doctor's office. When it happened again on Thursday, the doctor made the call to induce.  I had low fluid with Allie starting at 30 weeks. This time I didn't find out I had low fluid until 38 weeks, but it was lower than Allie's ever was and actually ended up being more serious. We think the fluid issues caused Cammie to be so small, so I am especially thankful that she is out and 100% healthy. God is good!

I was so excited to see Allie when she came to the hospital. The hardest part of the induction for me was not being able to say goodbye to Allie and explain what was happening.  Barb and Craig watched her while we were in the hospital, so she had a blast. But, I had a hard time not being able to see her before heading to the hospital.


Nana and her grand girls.


Heading home from the hospital.


Relaxing at home the day we got home from the hospital. 


Allie is such a great big sister. She has been SO sweet and SO helpful.  I was nervous about the transition, but so far, it could not be going more smoothly.  Our beautiful girls!


Bella has been so nervous. She likes to keep her eyes on Cammie at almost all times and gets very nervous if Cammie cries.  It is so sweet. 


Everyone getting to know each other.




Cammie is so tiny! Here she is snuggled up wearing an outfit that only fit Allie for a few weeks after she was born.  Cammie is swimming in it! I thought I was in great shape with clothes for Cammie since Allie had so many. But, I had to order a bunch of NB and preemie sleepers since Allie's are WAY too big! But, we took her to the doctor yesterday because she has a little jaundice and she is already 6 lbs. 9 oz! It is very impressive she was above her birth weight at only 4 days old.  She is an eater like her big sister.


Allie is a daddy's girl and so is Bella. Both like to crowd daddy when he is holding Cammie.  He doesn't seem to mind! :) 


This is what it usually looks like as I get ready to nurse. Bella never wants to miss out on any action!


Daddy and his girls before bedtime last night.  He is outnumbered for sure! 


It has been a wonderful few days as a family of four.  Dan has been home all week from work and has been a huge support. I am so blessed to have a husband who is such a hands on dad and who takes such great care of all of his girls.  I think next week could be a bit of a shock when he goes back to work, but for now, we will just enjoy our time as a family of four! 





No comments:

Post a Comment