Some highlights of the week included:
- Completing lots of house projects (hanging shelves in the laundry room, broom closet, cleaning out the garage, buying deck furniture, hanging pictures, and more!) Here's a picture of our new deck furniture that we've used almost every day. We also got our grill set up and Craig promptly scrubbed it clean (he worked SO hard to make our house more organized--we are so lucky to have such a handy boppa)!
- I went to Starbucks and shopping all by myself. This meant I didn't have to lug the stroller, car seat and diaper bag the size of a small suitcase in and out of the car and in and out of stores. I also got to go to the gym without worrying about how Allie was doing in the daycare. But, best of all, Dan and I got to go out to dinner and to a movie (Inception is worth seeing!). Barb was able to get Allie to eat her food while we were gone and helped Allie to practice drinking from a bottle. It only took 6.5 months, but my stubborn daughter will FINALLY take a bottle!
- We went to a parade in downtown Saskatoon. As you can see, the weather was terrible, but we still had fun. Here are a few of our favorites from the parade. Allie fell asleep in the middle of all the action. It's hard to see her through her rain guard, but another accomplishment of last week is that bows will stay in her hair. Can you see it?
- We also went to the Saskatoon Ex, which is a fair like a VERY small MN State Fair. We tried new food, went to a dog show (Allie was terrified of all the loud noises), did a little people watching, and went to Candy Land. Allie really wanted to eat a sucker, but I had to take it away. I'm sure the first of many times I won't let her have something sweet! We had to drag Craig away from the Star Trek play. Who knew he was a Trekkie! :)
We are so sad the week is over and that we won't get to see Nana and Boppa until Christmas time. Thanks for a wonderful trip and all the help. Can't wait to see you in a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment