Things have been going well as a family of four. Allie is the best big sister. I really could not be more proud of her for her helpful attitude, her love and kindness towards Cammie, and her happy demeanor. Overall, Cammie is a really mellow, happy baby. Dan has been great. I have been sick most of the month, but am finally on the mend and feeling like I'm used to caring for two kids. Life is good.
I am so thankful for all the help we have received this past month. My parents have been especially great about helping with Allie, cooking meals, grocery store runs, letting us come over to their house to get out of our cramped town home, and helping us adjust to a new baby. Barb and Craig took Allie and Bella while we were in the hospital. Mary has helped with Allie when I've been really sick. Countless friends and family members have brought meals, gifts, and spent time helping us to adjust. We are so blessed!
I haven't been very good about photos, so this post is really just a photo dump from my iPhone.
The next two photos show Cammie when she is hungry and wanting to eat. "Feed me mommy!"
And Cammie after she is done eating. She is so content!
I love this photo because it shows Allie's fun personality. This day was picture day at school and I asked Allie how she smiled for her school picture. This is the pose she showed me. What a diva! A mom in her class told me that she stayed for the class photo and that Allie actually did not pose like this, but had a nice, normal smile. I was relieved, but I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if she had done this pose for the photo.
Princess Allie with her best friend princess Claire!
Maybe the best part of a newborn are all the snuggles. I love the snuggles!!!
Dan and his girls!
This one is more accurate.
Gagu and Cammie! Gagu has done a great job of not only helping to take care of my girls, but to take care of me this past month. Thanks Gagu!
Cammie was so tiny at birth because of my low amniotic fluid, but you can really tell in this photo that she is growing fast. She was 6 pounds 6 oz at birth and 9 pounds 4 oz at 4 weeks. She's a good eater!
Morning snuggles! The first thing Allie wants to do each morning is hold Cammie. She is such a sweet big sister!
Life with a newborn and a 3 year old is busy, but we are so blessed. Even in the midst of some tough days, I have been so thankful that God has blessed me with such a wonderful family! We are so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment