Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and our first official holiday that we celebrated with just our family. As I set the table I was a little sad that there were only two places to set. But as I reflected on what I am thankful for this year, this Canadian adventure was at the top of the list. We are really enjoying our time living away from home, even if it means we have to celebrate some holidays with just us!



My first turkey actually turned out great, and I didn't burn the place down (or even set off a smoke detector!). Of course it wasn't as good as my mom's or mother-in-law's, but it was pretty good for my first attempt.


While we enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving meal, Allie enjoyed her new favorite teether, a pumpkin!



I am so thankful for my family and for the gift of Allie in our lives. I am truly blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Love the pumpkin teether - you have good taste, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Mauers! I'm thankful to have you guys as friends!

    ReplyDelete