Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Trip

We just got back from another trip to Minnesota for Dan's grandpa's funeral. This was the third funeral of one of our grandparents that we have flown home for in 8 months.

Dan was extremely close to his grandpa, Frank Lano and his grandma Joan Lano (who passed away in July). Dan spoke at the funeral and all who attended heard about the very special bond between Dan and Frank and Joan. It made me so thankful that Allie has two sets of grandparents that love her like Frank and Joan loved Dan. I know all four of Allie's grandparents will impact her life in the same way Frank and Joan did for Dan.

Allie got to meet Frank a few times and it was so special for Dan to have them meet. We love you Frank and we will miss you!

Allie and Frank in July.



In addition to the funeral, Allie and I got to spend some time with old friends. My friend Kelly hosted a play group and went way above and beyond by providing a fabulous brunch!


Here is the lovely host and her adorable little man, Charlie!


Sarah captivated most of the kids by reading a story. Notice we have a princess in attendance! :)


Here's the whole group minus a couple of friends who had to miss because of illness. Allie misses her little buddies so much!


The next day Allie got to go on her first official date. The lucky guy....Charlie! They walked around 50th and France and had lunch at the Edina Grill. I think they hit it off.

As usual Allie is talking and pointing something out. Charlie is listening attentively...what a guy!



Allie is trying to talk Charlie out of going to Michigan so that he can attend DePauw with her.


He doesn't look thrilled with this plan.


Overall, it was a great date. We'll have to do it again when we're home in June!


When I told Allie it was time to go back to Canada she gave me this look.


I can't tell if she is happy or sad. That is exactly how I feel! I love our friends and our lives in Canada, but we miss our family and friends in Minnesota so much. We are blessed to truly feel at home in two different places!





No comments:

Post a Comment