Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SPRING, SPRING, SPRING!!!!

Can you tell by the title how excited I am that it is finally spring in Canada? This has been the longest winter of my life and I am happy to report that spring has officially sprung in Saskatoon. The first sign of spring was the melting of all the snow in our back yard. Brown grass never looked so good.

Another sign of spring was the appearance of Bella's tongue. She has the world's longest tongue and in warm weather it tends to hang out as she pants. Here she is on our first trip to the neighborhood park.


And, another sign of spring is that Allie no longer needs her full on winter bodysuit (a coat just won't do for a Canadian winter!). The bodysuit has been her constant companion for six months. She can now be outside in just a fleece. Here she is looking around in awe, not believing she is actually outside.


We had a blast at the park and Allie went in a swing by herself for the first time. She wasn't sure at first, but loved it after a few minutes.


And, my little princess still refuses to walk. Yes, she can walk. Yes, she chooses to walk sometimes. But, her usual mode of transportation is STILL crawling. She doesn't care that she gets filthy, she just cares that she can cruise around much more quickly and more confidently than walking. One thing I've learned about Allie is that she's going to walk when she wants to walk and nothing I do will change that. I wonder where her stubbornness comes from? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment