Sunday, April 10, 2011

10 Years!

This is probably my first post not focused on Allie, but I just registered for my 10 year college reunion and thought that deserved a post. I cannot believe I'm that old, but when I thought about the last 10 years, I realize that with age, comes wisdom, confidence, and security. So, I'll take the new wrinkles because the last 10 years of my life have challenged me, blessed me, and changed me in more ways than I can count. But, here are a few highlights:

--I met my husband and married him in 2005. He is a wonderful man that I love and respect. I am so thankful for him and our lives together. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve a man like him!



--I did lots of soul searching for the right job for me. I had 5 jobs in 9 years in both the corporate and non-profit sectors. I finally found the one I loved at Jabbok Family Services as the Development Director (www.jabbokfamilyservices.org). I learned a lot about myself through my various jobs and am so thankful to my husband for supporting me through the stress and uncertainty. He was truly my anchor and gave me the courage to keep taking risks. He always encouraged me to keep trying new things so I could find something that I loved. And, thanks to him, I did. I spent last few years before Allie was born at Jabbok and finally realized what it meant to love what you do.

--Some may not think this worth mentioning, but we got our sweet puppy in 2008. We consider Bella our first child and our house would not be complete without her. She kept me company on many nights when Dan was working a job that demanded he travel about half of every month. For that alone I will always love her, but it doesn't hurt that she is sweetest, most cuddly, wonderful dog in the world.


Bella's first trip to Love Lake just after she fell in the water

--And, of course, in January of 2010 we welcomed Allie and my life was forever changed. I've blogged about it before, but the entire purpose of my life changed from the moment she was born. I am now a stay at home mom to Allie (and Bella!) and love ALMOST every second of it. Watching her grow, change, and learn gives me more joy than I could ever imagine. Life is so good!

Allie, 3 weeks old

--Also in 2010 we moved to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Canada. The move has brought our little family even closer and we have enjoyed the adventure.

I can't wait to see most of my best friends from across the country and visit our old stomping grounds. It will be interesting to see if a bunch of women in their early thirties will revert to their old college selves! So, ladies, I will see you in about 2 months. Get ready! :)

My rehearsal dinner 2005

My bachelorette party in San Fran and Napa, 2005

My oldest friend, Katie, sophmore year

Senior year.

Monon Bell Game, Freshman year

Senior spring break in Jamaica, 2001

Bid night senior year

Dr. Elmore's Chili cook off

No comments:

Post a Comment